Job Title: Vice President National Accounts
Responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with corporate head office contacts for existing and potential Bridgehouse Managers. Key contacts at head offices will include executives, analysts and those who are directly involved with business development/marketing, sales and operations for their firms across all managed money product lines of business. The VP National Accounts will proactively target primary distribution partners with SMA & UMA platforms, mutual fund recommended lists and fund of fund and managed portfolio solutions (WRAPS). Securing shelf space for new alliance partners is a key priority. A deep knowledge of all Bridgehouse managers is critical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be the primary Canadian contact for corporate business development distributor relationships, including SMA, Mutual Fund Research, Fee-Based Solutions and Managed Money portfolio solutions
- Develop and execute a business development strategy with primary home office accounts including initial education and launch plans for new alliance partner products and ongoing service requirements
- Ensure Bridgehouse products are available on key distributor shelves by proactively maintaining key dealer operational contacts
- Develop and facilitate Bridgehouse’s relationships with key distributor firm home office and regional management staff
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the SMA market in general as well as specific, in-depth knowledge of the programs that Bridgehouse partners are involved in, including operational and contractual specifics
- Coordinate completion of contracts with the sponsor firms
- Assist in the institutional and fund of fund sales opportunities for all Bridgehouse alliance relationships
- Manage the SMA business from a Canadian advisor perspective ensuring regional sales teams have adequate information to fulfill all servicing requirements, have knowledge of advisor clients and assets in each of the sponsor programs, and that this information is kept current
- Work with all alliance partners to establish service levels for advisors and reasonably execute those standards within any AIMR GIPS compliance constraints
- With San Diego PM Team and Marketing Resources department, service head office relationships and ensure sponsor home offices receive required information on a timely basis
- Coordinate our sales and marketing efforts with distributor firm’s strategic initiatives including conferences, trips, business development and educational initiatives
- Keep distributors apprised of our product offerings and seek to introduce additional products/strategies where possible
- Communicate distributor firm initiatives to Sales department
- Act as a liaison between Sales and Marketing, maintaining knowledge of current sales challenges and executing tools for resolution
- Work with the Sales and Marketing departments to ensure that the proper tools are available for current sales challenges
- Assist Senior Management team with special projects and ad hoc reports
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of departmental procedures
- Maintain confidentiality of client information
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in business or business-related field required, Master’s degree or CFA designation preferred
At least five years of professional experience in the investment management business with two to four years of related national accounts experience. Must have a strong understanding of the investment industry and broad topical issues facing the Canadian mutual fund and SMA industry.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under time constraints
- Team/department oriented
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows operating environment a must
We appreciate all interest in Bridgehouse as a prospective employer and resumes not selected are retained for future consideration for one year.
All positions require relevant investment industry experience, and excellent communication and organizational skills.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, indicating position of interest in the subject line.